- Pixabay for free base images.
- E-Learning Heroes for free templates and interactions, not to mention great advice.
- Hashtagify for the most relevant hashtags for sharing content.
My favorite way to work is on a matrixed team with highly talented graphic artists and programmers, which I’ve been lucky enough to have done for most of my career! The inspiration that comes from working with the technical gurus on one side and extraordinary creative artists on the other blows my mind. The thrill of talking design shop with leaders who can see your vision, and capturing all the bits and pieces from the rest of the team to pull together a custom solution made from scratch is one of the greatest experiences I’ve ever enjoyed.
Working solo is less inspiring and still very enjoyable, but only when I tap into the aforementioned places to find great assets, advice, and community. Here are two assets I leveraged in the past week.
- Solo Cup. I snagged the graphic, changed its color, and used it as a semi-transparent backdrop to my parts-to-a-whole slide in Articulate Storyline.
- The Score Meter. I downloaded the story file from E-Learning Heroes and realized I can find great help on working with variables in this community. One thing I love about my work is that I’m always learning, but while I get up to speed with the code, several other authors shared their ideas into the community, including this fully-functional gem.
One of my greatest fears is that I’ll give away secrets and work myself out of a job. Trust me, it won’t be the first time. Good luck, and happy sharing! #elearning #socialmarketing
Speaking of sharing, if you like this blog post, feel free to share it with your friends. I’d be happy to hear your feedback in the comments, too!